Saturday, 5 April 2014

Exam Stress - Freak Out!

Hello all,

I am sorry to have caved and neglected my 'frequent posting schedule' to commit to my studies. A levels are such a drain! I've had no time to myself to just blog and enjoy things!
I've been in and dated recently with mock exams, revision, dissertations and school commitments, as well as having a French exchange in tow as well. 
In one word, I'm exhausted. 
Needless to say, though, I've missed my blog and I wanted to share with you a few techniques of how to plan your time effectively and deal with the stress of exams a lot better than I have done!

RULE NUMBER ONE 

Take a wee break 15 minutes of every hour. There are actually studies which show that your focus is affected by the amount of hours you spend working without a break, so in essence, if you keep working with no breaks, you'll be kidding yourself really. None of it will go in anymore! 


Just try to do something active and positive, don't just be tempted to sit on Twitter for ten minutes or on the laptop ( the addiction we all love to hate). 
Go for a walk if the weather is nice, or have a nice energizing snack like a banana or an apple.

RULE NUMBER TWO 

I would say the most effective revision comes from a revision timetable, and you can find loads of templates online for these! You can plan in between your study time and your breaks, and the further ahead you plan, the less exam stress you'll experience because you'll be heartily prepared for the future! Yay! 


I would suggest, that for your revision to be totally effective, allocate maximum of an hour and a half per subject, to avoid becoming lethargic and bored. Also ensure that your revision is active, i.e. revision quizes, cards, and games. 

RULE NUMBER THREE

As boring as it is, lots of early nights help to energize your brain and makes your revision more worthwhile, as you're more likely to remember it in the morning! If the stress is getting to you and you can't sleep that easily, I'd recommend an eye mask and a lavender pillow. 


Hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment